Sr. Materials Manager
Amazon Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics. Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc., originally creating the best-selling Kindle family of products. Since then, we have produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV and Amazon Echo. What will you help us create?
The Materials Manager is responsible for all activities related to order fulfillment, from forecasts to delivery, including day-to-day communication and management of the OEM partner globally. This person has a business orientation and is responsible for working within the local and remote Operations team driving order fulfillment. This is a hybrid role with expereince in Materials Management and additionally with ERP systems and implementation. In this role, you will:
• Good communicator
• Process oriented – ability to think outside of the box and drive process improvement
• Solid Experience in Supply Chain IT (ERP) system implementation- Ability to work with Ops IT team on the APS (Materials) -to-ADEPT integration.
• Proficient in Excel
• Understands supply chain lead-time offsets.
• Ability to Dive Deep –a hands on person able to understand material shortages (or predict them) and ask enough questions (5 Why) to generate several possible paths of resolution.
• Ability to Earn Trust of others - ability to influence others.
· 7+ years of planning experience in a consumer market Segment Company
· 2+ years of management of an OEM partner
· Experience sourcing electronic components including hard to find/obsolete parts
Experience with MS Office
• Bachelor’s degree or higher level education preferred
• Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively to senior management, peers, and team members
• A keen, flexible and aggressive intellect with superb conceptual thinking, analytical and problem-solving skills
• Ability to handle multiple tasks and projects successfully
• Experience with LEAN manufacturing preferred
Lab126 is part of the Amazon.com, Inc. group of companies and is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation
LI - ST1
Meet Some of Amazon Lab126's Employees
Senior Manager, Hardware Reliability Engineering
Guneet leads the Hardware Reliability Development Team that works on the Kindle, Fire, and Amazon Echo family of products. Guneet's team plays an essential role in making products like Fire tablets robust and reliable so customers can use them for years.
Back to top