Sr. Manufacturing Test Engineer
Amazon Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics. Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc., originally creating the best-selling Kindle family of products. Since then, we have produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV and Amazon Echo. What will you help us create?
As a Test Engineer you will be responsible for defining and implementing manufacturing and test processes for image capturing modules and devices. You will be a key member of the development team and will be the main interface among the internal engineering and operations teams as well as our OEM partners. In this role, you will:
- Work with the OEM’s New Product Operations teams to identify and escalate manufacturing challenges by enforcing DFM and DFT principles
- Investigate and introduce new manufacturing test technology and methodology to enhance production efficiency
- Develop test strategy, implement and optimize test setup/processes at the ODM including identification, specification, design and qualification of test fixtures, test equipment and diagnostic software
- Evaluate image capturing performance at development stage and drive test requirements, specs and limits with Engineering Development Team
- Develop, review and execute equipment requirement plans to support new product manufacturing and test
- Work within Operations, PD, HW and SW engineering departments to implement and optimize efficiency
- Bridge the gap with OEM partners by supporting development builds and production
- Support cost reduction and sustaining activities
- This position requires travel internationally
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science or related field
- 7+ years of experience in manufacturing/operations of PCs, handheld devices, or consumer electronics
- Working knowledge on Window, DOS, Android, Unix and Linux environment
- Previously held responsibility for development and implementation of manufacturing test software and have done actual programming/coding
- Ability to work independently and ensure timely and accurate communication
- Experience working with International OEM Partners
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
Meet Some of Amazon Lab126's Employees
Senior Manager, Hardware Reliability Engineering
Guneet leads the Hardware Reliability Development Team that works on the Kindle, Fire, and Amazon Echo family of products. Guneet's team plays an essential role in making products like Fire tablets robust and reliable so customers can use them for years.
Back to top