Sr. Hardware Lab Manager
Amazon Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics. Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc., originally creating the best-selling Kindle family of products. Since then, we have produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV and Amazon Echo. What will you help us create?
As a Senior Hardware Lab Manager you will lead a team of technicians responsible for supporting SW/HW engineering teams which develop Amazon branded products including Amazon Echo (Alexa), Fire TV , Fire tablet and Kindle Readers. You will be responsible coordinating activities such as lab management, test, check-out, modification, fabrication and assembly of prototypes.
This role is ideally suited for a Lab Manager/Sr. Technician wanting to take on a leadership role. You will work directly with product design teams to streamline development processes and to provide lab services including debug, rework, benchmarking, prototype assembly and testing. You should have hands on knowledge of different lab management processes including required electrical, mechanical and environmental equipment, inventory management and the necessary infrastructure required to support multiple engineering teams.
• 3 years’ experience in leading teams
• Experience in analytical, written, and oral communications skills
• 3+ years’ experience working in a multi-project, multi-deadline environment
• 2 year technical degree in electronic technology or related field
• 5+ years of engineering technician experience in a high technology environment
• 5+ years of experience in prototype fabrication, troubleshooting test systems, data analysis & reporting
• Experience organizing, procuring and maintaining adequate stock of critical components for rapid prototyping
• LabView programming
• Experience in using Defect tracking/project management tools (Ex – Jira)
• Experience with assisting in the bring-up of prototypes, FA and characterizations of proto boards
• Experience in setting up lab (e.g. water plumbing, cooling, electrical work) to support equipment needs
Lab126 is part of the Amazon.com, Inc. group of companies and is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
Meet Some of Amazon Lab126's Employees
Senior Manager, Hardware Reliability Engineering
Guneet leads the Hardware Reliability Development Team that works on the Kindle, Fire, and Amazon Echo family of products. Guneet's team plays an essential role in making products like Fire tablets robust and reliable so customers can use them for years.
Back to top