Sr. ESD Simulation Engineer
Amazon Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics. Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc., originally creating the best-selling Kindle family of products. Since then, we have produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV and Amazon Echo. What will you help us create?
In this newly created role, you will be part of Amazon Lab126’s System SI and Packaging team and take technical ownership of design for ESD through simulations and proactive lab characterization. This is a senior level role and you are expected to have deep understanding of physics behind ESD related failures and techniques needed to deliver products meeting immunity requirements for ESD. In this role, you will:
- Design and analysis for ESD protection for consumer products
- Drive existing ESD simulation methodology to the next level to address current and future design challenges
- Evaluation and selection of ESD protection devices
- Electromagnetic modeling of complex structures
- Work with cross-functional team during architecture, design and validation phase.
- You will be responsible for keeping executive management up to date on key research and product issues
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or related fields with 10+ years experience
- Simulation experience in the area of ESD and/or signal integrity
- Experience in ESD measurements techniques and methodology
- Experience in simulation tools (Electromagnetic (CST, HFSS) and circuit analysis (ADS, Ansys designer))
- Experience with electromagnetic theory
- Experience in driving company wide initiatives
- Experienced in signal integrity analysis
- Knowledgeable in ESD mitigations and test standards
- Strong communication skills in writing and presenting.
- Self driven and ability to define and drive new initiatives is a big plus
- This position will require some International travel
Lab126 is part of the Amazon.com, Inc. group of companies and is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
Meet Some of Amazon Lab126's Employees
Senior Manager, Hardware Reliability Engineering
Guneet leads the Hardware Reliability Development Team that works on the Kindle, Fire, and Amazon Echo family of products. Guneet's team plays an essential role in making products like Fire tablets robust and reliable so customers can use them for years.
Back to top