Sr. CAD Layout Engineer
Amazon Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics. Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc., originally creating the best-selling Kindle family of products. Since then, we have produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV and Amazon Echo.
What will you help us create?
As a Senior CAD Layout Engineer you will participate in the definition and implementation of devices. The Senior CAD Layout Engineer will contribute in all phases of the product’s design, including placement, routing, constraint table management, and drafting. You must bring a combination of PCB design, assembly, test and fabrication knowledge, cross team functional interdependence, and demonstrable design process experience to the position. In this role you will:
- Work with the Electrical Engineering hardware team to provide PCB board design services
- Work with the MCAD hardware team to design to fit into enclosures
- Work with fabrication vendors to supply data and seek fabrication design requirements
- Work with assembly vendors to supply data and seek assembly design requirements
- Deliver best in class PCB design to high-volume manufacturing
- Assist as necessary in schematic and PCB footprint development
- Work with the company PLM system to write and release ECO’s
- Bachelor's of Science in Electrical Engineering or equivalent work experience
- 7+ years of experience of PCB layout design
- 7+ years of current experience using Cadence Allegro PCB Design/CIS
- 7+ years of experience with high speed and impedance circuits
- 7+ years of experience with compact, dual side assembly design
- Experience with HDI design
- Experience with BGA pitch of equal or less than 0.5mm
- Experience working with MS Office Suite
- 15+ years experience of PCB layout design
- 10+ years of current experience using Cadence Allegro PCB Design/CIS
- Proven track record to design & manage all aspects of the printed board design
- Ability to collaborate and communicate with all other internal & external parties
- Ability to reduce risk of fabrication/assembly/test with a thorough knowledge in each area and taking preventative action early in the design phase to make this a reality
- Ability to debug schematic net-list-in errors
- Ability to develop Allegro scripts or writing in Cadence Skill
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
Meet Some of Amazon Lab126's Employees
Senior Manager, Hardware Reliability Engineering
Guneet leads the Hardware Reliability Development Team that works on the Kindle, Fire, and Amazon Echo family of products. Guneet's team plays an essential role in making products like Fire tablets robust and reliable so customers can use them for years.
Back to top