Sr. Antenna Design Engineer
Amazon Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics. Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc., originally creating the best-selling Kindle family of products. Since then, we have produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV and Amazon Echo. What will you help us create?
As a Sr. Antenna Design Engineer, you will engage with an experienced cross-disciplinary staff to conceive and design innovative consumer products. You will work closely with an internal inter-disciplinary team and outside partners to drive key aspects of product definition, design, optimization, implementation and test. You must be responsive, flexible, attentions to details and able to succeed within an open collaborative peer environment.
In this role, you will be responsible for the development and integration of Antenna systems into products, including:
- Define antenna concepts and requirements during product definition
- Lead antenna design, optimization, implementation and validation across product programs
- Identify, debug and resolve system level Antenna-RF issues
- Achieve all regulatory and performance goals for OTA performance
- Support the operations team for Antenna manufacturing test
- Support the sustaining team for Antenna sustaining and field issues
- Mentor team members
- Bachelor/Master’s degree in Electronic Engineering, in particular, in the antenna or related field
- 8+ years’ experience in antenna design related to Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and GSM/UMTS/LTE cellular products
- DFM and high volume manufacturing support experience
- Experience with prototyping and implementation
- Ability to deliver on-time and work well as a team member in a team consisting of cross-functional teams
- Good engineering work practice and self-motivated
- Attention to details and problem solving skills
- Excellent both written & verbal communication skills
- Ph.D. degree
- Solid knowledge of antenna fundamental and radiation theory
- EM simulation experience
- This position will require international travel
Lab126 is part of the Amazon.com, Inc. group of companies and is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
Meet Some of Amazon Lab126's Employees
Senior Manager, Hardware Reliability Engineering
Guneet leads the Hardware Reliability Development Team that works on the Kindle, Fire, and Amazon Echo family of products. Guneet's team plays an essential role in making products like Fire tablets robust and reliable so customers can use them for years.
Back to top