Software Quality Assurance Technician
Amazon Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics. Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc., originally creating the best-selling Kindle family of products. Since then, we have produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV and Amazon Echo. What will you help us create?
Work hard. Have fun. Make history.
As a Software Quality Assurance Technician, you will join the team of hands-on, passionate and seasoned SQA professionals developing innovative consumer-centric product solutions. In this role, you will:
- Maintaining the Lab executing automation tests
- Execute automated tests
- Maintain the lab inventory
- Bring up autiomation test beds supporting the automation framework
- Review user interfaces for conformity and functionality
- Review product user interface for conformity to isolate infrastructure dependenicies
- Find, isolate, document, regress, and track bugs through resolution
- Interpret and report testing results, and be a vocal proponent for quality
- Work with Quality Assurance Engineers to understand the overall technical architecture and how each automation feature is implemented
- • 2 year technical degree (preferably Engineering or Telecommunications)
• 2+ years of experience in a Consumer Electronics lab environment
• Experience planning and maintaining lab facilities for optimal efficiency and creating new processes when necessary
• Excellent and proven Troubleshooting skills – specifically in the following areas: Wi-Fi, Switch, Router.
• Experience in Linux environment. (Preferred: Ubuntu)
- Scripting experience using Python, shell script.
- Familiar with Jenkins build Automation Environment
- Understanding of networking.
- Previous roles in QA or QA Automation a plus
- Certifications: Network+ or equivalent experience.
- Excellent communication and writing skills.
Lab126 is part of the Amazon.com, Inc. group of companies and is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer-Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation
Meet Some of Amazon Lab126's Employees
Senior Manager, Hardware Reliability Engineering
Guneet leads the Hardware Reliability Development Team that works on the Kindle, Fire, and Amazon Echo family of products. Guneet's team plays an essential role in making products like Fire tablets robust and reliable so customers can use them for years.
Back to top