Software Quality Assurance Engineer
The Amazon Devices team designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics, including the best-selling Kindle family of products. We have also produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV, Amazon Dash, and Amazon Echo.
What will you help us create?
Want to change the way millions of people communicate, shop, and have fun? Want to help Amazon bring products like Fire tablets, Fire TV and Kindle e-readers to market?
As a Software Quality Assurance Engineer in Automation, you will work with consumer application testing expertise. You will join a team of hands-on, proactive, self-motivated and seasoned SQA professionals. In this role, you will:
· Develop and execute automated tests and test plans
· Efficiently execute test cases across all functional areas of our products
· Review product user interface for conformity to design guidelines
· Find, isolate, document, regress, and track bugs through resolution
· Interpret and report testing results, and be a vocal proponent for quality in every phase of the development process
· Work with software development engineers to understand the overall technical architecture and how each feature is implemented
· Product experience with wireless consumer electronics.
· Domain expertise in electronic publishing.
· Hands-on experience in testing Linux-based devices
· Solid understanding of QA tool development chains and environments.
· Highly methodical test discipline, applicable to all product UI.
· Demonstrate expertise in black box and grey box testing methodologies, experience with standard QA and development tools, and the ability to operate within short release cycles.
· Experience writing code for multitasking operating systems
· Familiarity with WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n.
· Shows creativity and initiative to improve product coverage and
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or related field.
· 3+ years of Software QA testing experience.
· 3+ years of experience in black and grey box functional testing.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Meet Some of Amazon Lab126's Employees
Senior Manager, Hardware Reliability Engineering
Guneet leads the Hardware Reliability Development Team that works on the Kindle, Fire, and Amazon Echo family of products. Guneet's team plays an essential role in making products like Fire tablets robust and reliable so customers can use them for years.
Back to top