Software Quality Assurance Engineer
Interested in working with Alexa on Tablets? The Amazon Devices team designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics, including the best-selling Kindle family of products. Our organization has also produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV, Amazon Dash, and Amazon Echo.
The tablets team is seeking talented Software Quality Assurance Engineer, to test core technologies used to build the next generation tablet experience with Alexa. You will develop repeatable and automatable QA systems. You will work with Product Managers, QAEs, SDETs, and SDEs to understand features and technical implementation. You will create automated test cases in order to report to stakeholders on the quality and reliability of our products. Come help us build world class software for our customers!
You will be expected to invent and implement architecture for driving the testing different components in Alexa on tablets. Additionally you will be part of a team that is creating tools for optimizing the testing we are currently doing. This is part of a major culture shift towards upstream testing, tests integrated with build tools and working with development teams dedicated to quality software.
In this job you will work with development and TPM's to drive testing of Alexa on tablets at all the levels of code. You will also work with QAE's and QA Managers to identify and create tools that our group and Amazon in general need for advancing our testing efforts.
You must be responsive, flexible and able to succeed within an open collaborative peer environment.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or equivalent
- 1+ years of software QA testing experience
- 1+ years of expertise in testing methodologies, experience with standard QA and development tools, and the ability to operate within short release cycles
- 1+ years of Software QA experience testing Android mobile devices
- Software QA automation experience working with the following technologies: Java, Java Script, Python, PERL, etc.
- Customer scenario testing experience
- Reporting skills, proficient in creating status reports based on automation results
- Product experience with wireless consumer electronics
- Highly methodical test discipline, applicable to all product UI
- Shows creativity and initiative to improve product coverage and effectiveness
Meet Some of Amazon Lab126's Employees
Senior Manager, Hardware Reliability Engineering
Guneet leads the Hardware Reliability Development Team that works on the Kindle, Fire, and Amazon Echo family of products. Guneet's team plays an essential role in making products like Fire tablets robust and reliable so customers can use them for years.
Back to top