Software Quality Assurance Engineer
Amazon Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics. Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc., originally creating the best-selling Kindle family of products. Since then, we have produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV and Amazon Echo. What will you help us create?
As a QA Engineer on the HTML5 Technologies Team, you will champion the quality of our features in our development pipeline using both automated and manual tests, reporting and verifying defects, and signing-off on features and release candidates. You will own authoring and the execution of test plans and test cases. You will have a significant impact in the quality and delivery speed of our software, our business, and most importantly our customers. You will work closely with developers, product managers, and other QA in order to ensure the features we deliver to our customers have a high level of quality. In addition, you will also have the opportunity to propose improvements to our existing processes and automated tools in order to improve the team’s speed, quality and efficiency.
The candidate will have good hands-on experience in test automation and testing, with good knowledge of the core software testing techniques.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or relevant industry experience
- · 5+ years of experience as a developer, QA Engineer, SDET or similar QA role
- · Knowledge of QA concepts and methodology
- · Experience writing test plans, test automation, and test cases
- · Communication, collaboration, analytical, and problem solving skills
- · Knowledge of at least one scripting language: Python, Shell Scripting, etc.
- Experience validating consumer user interfaces
- Experience working as embedded QA exercising AGILE methodologies
- Experience working closely with development and business teams
- Experience testing Android and/or iOS applications
- Shows creativity and initiative to improve product test coverage and effectiveness
Lab126 is part of the Amazon.com, Inc. group of companies and is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
Meet Some of Amazon Lab126's Employees
Senior Manager, Hardware Reliability Engineering
Guneet leads the Hardware Reliability Development Team that works on the Kindle, Fire, and Amazon Echo family of products. Guneet's team plays an essential role in making products like Fire tablets robust and reliable so customers can use them for years.
Back to top