Software QA Manager
Amazon Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics like the Kindle family of products. Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc. Since then, we have worked to produce innovative devices like our best-selling e-readers and tablets, Fire TV, and Amazon Echo. What will you help us create?
Work hard. Have fun. Make history.
In this role you will manage the embedded QA team, working with the Fire TV development team in Seattle on exciting projects and efforts to deliver great customer experiences and products. We are creating and improving products customers love, delivering family entertainment and innovating the way people interact with streaming media players. Join a team of passionate engineers with a commitment to delivering the best customer facing products possible.
The successful manager will be highly customer focused, obsessed with quality improvement, and have a proven record of working effectively across functional organizations. He or she should be a strong hands on manager with good technical experience and the ability to drive against a high level test strategy based on a data driven quality approach. The manager will be a strong quality advocate with a good planning and optimization mindset. In this role you will:
- Will work with a team of test engineers to ensure the highest quality product delivery and define measurable metrics to gauge progress against objective QA goals.
- Work with business and development teams to understand product vision and requirements
- Set and drive expectations around quality for major releases grounded in solid customer impact and product understanding
- Define and drive quality success metrics for features and domains in their area.
- Understand how all elements of the system software ecosystem work together and develop QA approaches that fit the overall strategy
- Be responsible for development of test strategies and creation of appropriate test harnesses
- Oversee the development and execution of test plans and monitor and report on test execution
- Work with a team of quality engineering professionals to ensure the highest quality product delivery
- Be an experienced but hands-on manager who can build an organization and ensure it performs
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer engineering or equivalent combination of technical education and experience
- 8+ years of industry experience, including at least 5 years of hands-on testing and 3 years as a manager
- Experience with delivery of releases through direct and partner teams
- Working knowledge of QA concepts and methodology
- Strong communication skills - both written and oral. Comfortable communicating cross-functionally and across management levels in formal and informal settings
- Ability to effectively manage resourcing and area ownership within a distributed and adaptable model.
- Strong people management skills with a proven ability to hire and grow talented programmatic and user-level personnel
- Strong organizational skills, ability to track multiple test executions simultaneously and to be able to synthesize the results
- Experience working closely with development and business teams to communicate problem impacts and to understand business requirements
- Experience in agile development methodologies with continuous integration
- Experience validating high quality consumer facing applications on embedded communications platforms
- Shows creativity and initiative to improve product test coverage and effectiveness
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Meet Some of Amazon Lab126's Employees
Senior Manager, Hardware Reliability Engineering
Guneet leads the Hardware Reliability Development Team that works on the Kindle, Fire, and Amazon Echo family of products. Guneet's team plays an essential role in making products like Fire tablets robust and reliable so customers can use them for years.
Back to top