Software Development Manager – Computer Vision Data Platform
Amazon Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics. Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc., originally creating the best-selling Kindle family of products. Since then, we have produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV, and Amazon Echo. What will you help us create?
Work hard. Have fun. Make history.
You have a passion for applying leading-edge computer vision machine learning technologies to engaging and high quality consumer products. You enjoy working with large data sets through their full lifecycle – collection, ingestion, annotation, and application. You are a technologist with a broad, hands-on background in embedded device software, backend services, and website design. As a Software Development Manager, you excel at leading and growing large and varied software engineering teams through all aspects of the product development lifecycle. You have excellent project management skills, are a great communicator and are motivated to achieve results in a fast-paced, frequently ambiguous, environment. You excel at partnering with R&D teams. You are a leader.
In this role, you will:
- Maintain, enhance, and grow a top talent engineering team
- Support the computer vision machine learning R&D team by developing the tools and services required to collect, manage, and annotate large volumes of visual data
- Manage and execute against project plans and delivery commitments, including day-to-day activities of the engineering team within an Agile/Scrum environment
- Work closely with engineers and architects to develop the best technical design and approach
- Instill best practices for software development and documentation, assure designs meet requirements, and deliver high-quality work on tight schedules
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field
- 7+ years of industry experience
- 3+ years of management experience
- Engineering process expertise, with understanding of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) principles
- Masters or higher degree in computer science, computer engineering, or electrical engineering
- Proven success in building, motivating and retaining teams of star players
- Experience developing back-end services
- Experience with AWS or other cloud computing providers
- Experience with embedded Android, including hardware integration
- Experience with website design
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to executives and non-technical leaders
- Experience working with Big Data and NoSQL databases
- Solid judgment, organizational and problem solving skills
- Superior design and architecture knowledge
- Basic understanding of machine learning concepts and techniques.
- Robust project planning/execution skills including estimating, scheduling, executing and reporting on committed schedules
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Meet Some of Amazon Lab126's Employees
Senior Manager, Hardware Reliability Engineering
Guneet leads the Hardware Reliability Development Team that works on the Kindle, Fire, and Amazon Echo family of products. Guneet's team plays an essential role in making products like Fire tablets robust and reliable so customers can use them for years.
Back to top