Software Development Manager, Automation Tools
Do you take pride in owning software and applications that are highly performant, leverage modern web technologies, and span multiple platforms? Are you as passionate for your users and the individuals on the teams you build as you are for each line of code they ship? Do you want to build software that improves the experience of millions of Amazon customers around the world?
We are looking for a passionate, inventive, results-oriented Software Development Manager to help us create customer-facing software and interfaces that Amazon customers around the globe rely on to discover and purchase products. In this position you will provide both strategic and tactical oversight and be responsible for building a best-in-class development team that delivers the features, functionalities, and tools we need to deliver on our global product roadmap.
The right candidate will thrive in fast-paced environments, enjoy the challenge of working through complex and ambiguous problems, and want to contribute in a leadership capacity to the design of our team’s long-term visions, tech platforms, frameworks, and processes.
Good communication and interpersonal skills are a must: since we are a multi-disciplinary team, our developers must work closely and collaborate productively with designers, program managers, and stakeholders from the business.
- 7+ years of industry experience
- 3-5 years of people management experience, leading technical professionals (software developers, development managers, and/or technical program managers)
- Proven experience in project management of multiple initiatives with competing priority and disparate resourcing
- BS/MS in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent.
- Familiarity with Agile Software Development methodologies
- 10+ years of software industry experience
- Deep hands-on technical expertise; prior experience as a software developer or software development manager preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences
- Strong business and technical vision; candidate has shaped an organization or business unit in previous experience
- Ability to handle multiple, competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- A deep understanding of the software development lifecycle, and a track record of shipping software on time
- Experience managing and directing software testing resources such as QA Engineers, QA Technicians, and/or Software Developers with expertise in Test.
- Experience with the SCRUM methodology for agile software development preferred
- Experience designing software architectures for scalability, reliability and performance
- Expertise in developing workflow or process controls
- A passion for people management and mentorship
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Meet Some of Amazon Lab126's Employees
Senior Manager, Hardware Reliability Engineering
Guneet leads the Hardware Reliability Development Team that works on the Kindle, Fire, and Amazon Echo family of products. Guneet's team plays an essential role in making products like Fire tablets robust and reliable so customers can use them for years.
Back to top