Software Development Manager
The Server Quality team, is part of the AWS Hardware Engineering team that creates the server designs for Amazon’s innovative cloud based web services. Our servers are industry-leading in innovation and operational excellence, and are critical to the success of the AWS service owners and the more than a million customers who use AWS today. Our engineers solve challenging technology problems, and build architecturally sound, high-quality servers and components to enable AWS to realize critical business strategies.
What you will do:
As manager of Server Quality you are responsible for leading the teams who design and develop the software that ensures every server in the AWS fleet is built, configured and performing according to its design and specification. Your software systems detect and identify hardware quality defects and develop the automation to eliminate or minimize impact to AWS service owners.
Why it matters:
The public cloud IT infrastructure market is growing at a remarkable rate and is seeing rapid adoption from companies of all sizes. The quality of one of the largest server fleets in the world starts here. We directly improve the business outcomes of more than a million customers who depend on AWS.
Why you’ll love it:
You will work with teams within Hardware Engineering and across the company to build software that has a direct impact to AWS. You will be a part of a growing, fast paced and fun team. You will own the roadmap and have a major stake in the strategic direction of your team.
- Manage and grow a high-performing development team to design, implement, and operate key tools that support the hardware quality of AWS servers.
- Make critical decisions regarding technology selection, balance feature and operational priorities, and set relentlessly high standards for quality and on-time delivery.
- BS/MS in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience leading software engineering teams with a deep knowledge about Agile development methodologies, best practices and delivering high quality software.
- Strong analytical skills and excellent problem solving abilities.
- A proven track record of taking software products from inception to customer delivery.
- Experience managing engineering managers.
- Excellent planning, organization and prioritization skills.
- Experience building scalable, distributed systems and enterprise software development.
- Experience in driving the implementation of process and product quality improvement initiatives by identifying the opportunities, defining business requirements and the design of the process and technology solutions.
- Ability to think cross functionally, influencing change within a multi-team environment.
Meet Some of Amazon Lab126's Employees
Senior Manager, Hardware Reliability Engineering
Guneet leads the Hardware Reliability Development Team that works on the Kindle, Fire, and Amazon Echo family of products. Guneet's team plays an essential role in making products like Fire tablets robust and reliable so customers can use them for years.
Back to top