Software Development Manager
The Amazon Devices team designs and engineers customer-obsessed consumer electronics, including the best-selling Kindle, Kindle Fire Tablets, Amazon Fire TV, Amazon Dash, and Amazon Echo. What will you help us create?
Work hard. Have fun. Make history.
As a Software Development Manager - Wifi, you will provide leadership and management for a development team to innovate and deliver high-performance, low-power, stable connectivity platform for world class consumer products. This hands-on position requires broad engineering competence and in-depth technical knowledge of networking and wireless connectivity, as well as demonstrated experience in planning, organizing, and conducting software development projects in a dynamic environment. In this role, you will:
- Manage a team of engineers to design, develop and enhance Wifi software for Amazon's consumer products;
- Drive a cross-functional teams to optimize of Wifi performance and power consumption for connectivity platforms;
- Translate business requirements into technical specification and engage with vendors to deliver top-of-the-class connectivity system solutions;
- Manage departmental resources, staffing, mentoring, and enhancing and maintaining a best-in-class engineering team;
- Report on status of development, quality, operations, and system performance to management;
- Deal with critical customer issues and escalations
- 7+ years of software development experience
- 3+ years of people management experience
- Proven track record to design and deliver complex embedded systems
- Deep understanding of IEEE802.11/Wifi protocols and system designs;
- Strong knowledge of TCP/IP internals and common network protocols such as DHCP, DNS, HTTP, and etc.
- Hands-on experience with Android and Linux development on kernel, device drivers, and frameworks
- Hands-on experience with developing, optimizing and maintaining embedded systems
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or related discipline
- Have prior experience with Wifi solutions from one or more major Wifi chipset vendors
- Experience with Bluetooth protocols and Wifi/Bluetooth Coexistence
- Master’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or related discipline
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
Meet Some of Amazon Lab126's Employees
Senior Manager, Hardware Reliability Engineering
Guneet leads the Hardware Reliability Development Team that works on the Kindle, Fire, and Amazon Echo family of products. Guneet's team plays an essential role in making products like Fire tablets robust and reliable so customers can use them for years.
Back to top