Software Development Manager
The D2C (Device to Customer) Technology team is looking for an experienced software development leader to manage one or more of our software development teams.
The D2C Technology team develops and supports systems and processes that make planning, manufacturing, launching and supporting our devices as efficient and frictionless as possible.
As a Software Development Manager, you will be responsible for leading a team of engineers in the design, development, testing, and deployment of our software and services. A successful candidate will have an established background in developing complex systems, a strong technical background, excellent project management skills, great communication skills, and a motivation to achieve results in a fast paced environment.
As a member of the elite D2C management team you will be responsible for the overall development life cycle and people management of your team. Those duties include:
- Mentoring and developing your team of engineers.
- Developing the long-term strategy for your programs and translating that into an achievable road map/action plan Management and execution against project plans and delivery commitments.
- Managing the day-to-day activities of the engineering team within an Agile/Scrum environment
- Working closely with the SDEs, TPMs and SDMs to architect and develop the best technical designs and approaches
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical discipline
- 7+ years of relevant engineering experience
- 3+ years people management experience or relevant leadership experience
- Detailed understanding of all aspects of software engineering, including coding, architecture, algorithms, and data structures
- Experience with managing the day-to-day activities of an engineering team using Agile/Scrum processes
- Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
- Experience taking complex projects from initial concept through final launch.
- Exceptional customer relationship skills including the ability to discover the true requirements underlying feature requests and recommend alternative technical and business approaches
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
Amazon.com, Inc. group of companies is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer-Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation
Meet Some of Amazon Lab126's Employees
Senior Manager, Hardware Reliability Engineering
Guneet leads the Hardware Reliability Development Team that works on the Kindle, Fire, and Amazon Echo family of products. Guneet's team plays an essential role in making products like Fire tablets robust and reliable so customers can use them for years.
Back to top