Software Development Engineer, Web Technologies
Amazon Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics. Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc., originally creating the best-selling Kindle family of products. Since then, we have produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV and Amazon Echo. What will you help us create?
We are looking for a Software Development Engineer to join our team and drive the development of applications that power consumer electronic devices. Your job will be to work with a team of engineers (software and hardware) and other team members (TPM, Product, UX/UI, Marketing) to innovate and develop effortless and exciting user experiences. You'll measure your success by the quality of your execution, the pace of innovation you help drive, and the increased satisfaction you deliver. If you’re ready to make a difference to the company and its customers, if you want huge challenges to tackle, we would love to talk to you.
In this role, you will:
- Engage with an experienced, cross-disciplinary staff to conceive, design and implement innovative consumer products
- Analyze requirements, evaluate risks, architect solutions that delight customers despite technical challenges
- Prepare technical requirements and software design specifications
- Instill best practices for software development and documentation, assure designs meet requirements, and deliver exceptional-quality work on tight schedules
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical field
- 5+ years of experience architecting and developing Java and Android-based software solutions
- Fluent in Java – you are an active, hands-on developer
- Strong engineering principles, familiarity with all stages of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- Expertise with Agile methodologies (SCRUM, Kanban, etc.)
- Experience integrating software solutions with hardware devices and the cloud back-end
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work closely with a senior, robust team, while being a strong individual contributor
- A proven ability to deliver high quality work on tight schedules
- Developing customer centric products
- Experience with design and implementation of solutions to delight the customers
Lab126 is part of the Amazon.com, Inc. group of companies and is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer-Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation
Meet Some of Amazon Lab126's Employees
Senior Manager, Hardware Reliability Engineering
Guneet leads the Hardware Reliability Development Team that works on the Kindle, Fire, and Amazon Echo family of products. Guneet's team plays an essential role in making products like Fire tablets robust and reliable so customers can use them for years.
Back to top