Software Development Engineer - Test
Amazon Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics. Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc., originally creating the best-selling Kindle family of products. Since then, we have produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV and Echo.
Work hard. Have fun. Make history.
As a Software Development Engineer in Test, you and your team members will design, develop, execute and maintain an automated test suite that can measure performance of our web rendering platform, and call out regressions in quality or speed so they can quickly be addressed by the development teams. You must be responsive, flexible and able to succeed within an open collaborative peer environment.
You are expected to have industry-leading technical abilities that enable you to significantly improve product quality. You should have a combination of solid in-depth knowledge of testability, solid understanding of the operating system software, as well as knowledge of object oriented design principles. In this role, you will:
- Research into new test/validation technologies/methodologies
- Work with design and validation teams to develop tests
- Develop test frameworks and test tools
- Develop firmware/scripts/applications to test embedded product hardware
- Work with cross functional teams to debug issues
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, related field, or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of experience in C or Pyhton
- 3+ years of experience with Android or Linux application software development and scripting
- Experience developing software on embedded devices
- Experience with web tool development
- Deep understanding of test automation frameworks
- Experience with test automation tools such as Selenium and Robot Framework
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Meet Some of Amazon Lab126's Employees
Senior Manager, Hardware Reliability Engineering
Guneet leads the Hardware Reliability Development Team that works on the Kindle, Fire, and Amazon Echo family of products. Guneet's team plays an essential role in making products like Fire tablets robust and reliable so customers can use them for years.
Back to top