Software Development Engineer - Kindle B2B Platform
The Amazon Devices team designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics, including the best-selling Kindle family of products. We have also produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV, Amazon Dash, and Amazon Echo.
What will you help us create?
We are a new team responsible for building a platform to enable Amazon to offer Amazon Devices to customers in new and innovative ways. We are building a customer-facing system to enable new device delivery scenarios for Amazon Devices. This system will be highly-available and highly-scalable to deliver an amazing experience to our customers worldwide!
We are looking for an experienced, passionate, startup-minded Software Development Engineer who has experience building innovative, mission critical, high-volume applications. You will have an enormous opportunity to make a large impact on the design, architecture, and implementation of cutting edge products used by people every day.
In this role, you will:
· Lay the foundation of this new platform and make a big difference for customers and the business.
· Own system architecture and development for product initiatives and feature development.
· Learn to develop globalized web services, at scale.
· Investigate, prototype and deliver innovative system solutions.
· Work with diverse teams throughout Amazon to deliver mission-critical systems.
· Improve the after-sales customer experience for Kindle device customers.
· Work hard, have fun, make history!
· Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related technical field, or equivalent experience
· 3+ years of professional software development experience
· 3+ years of experience in at least one modern object-oriented programming language such as Java, C++ or C#
· 2+ years of experience building large scale, high-performance systems in a complex, multi-tiered, distributed environment
· 2+ years of design and architecture knowledge as well as familiarity with object oriented analysis and design patterns (OOA/OOD)
· Proven track record of taking ownership and successfully delivering results
· Experience with service-oriented architecture and web application/services development
· Experience working in a UNIX/Linux environment
· Understanding of performance tradeoffs, load balancing and operational issues
· Ability to clearly and concisely communicate with technical and non-technical stakeholders across all levels of the organization
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Meet Some of Amazon Lab126's Employees
Senior Manager, Hardware Reliability Engineering
Guneet leads the Hardware Reliability Development Team that works on the Kindle, Fire, and Amazon Echo family of products. Guneet's team plays an essential role in making products like Fire tablets robust and reliable so customers can use them for years.
Back to top