Software Development Engineer - Kindle B2B Platform
The Amazon Devices team designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics, including the best-selling Kindle family of products. We have also produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV, Amazon Dash, and Amazon Echo.
What will you help us create?
Want to change the way millions of people communicate, shop, and have fun? Want to help Amazon bring products like Fire tablets, Fire TV and Kindle e-readers to market?
Kindle B2B Retail enables customers to buy Amazon’s products at Best Buy, Staples and many other brick and mortar retailers worldwide. Amazon’s products are in the US, UK, Germany, France, Italy, Spain, Japan, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa, India and others! Our team handles everything from platform services, on-boarding new retail partners, store integration, device software for all in-store display products, and improving the overall in-store experience.
We are looking for a talented Software Development Engineer to help expand our global B2B platform. The Kindle B2B Retail Order Management team is looking for experienced Software Developers ready to come help us build the a best in class Order Management solution that is able to scale at Amazon speed!
Come be a part of Amazon’s product development. We want a highly technical individual with strong leadership to help put Amazon’s products in the hands of customers all around the globe.
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science or related technical field
- 3+ years of professional software development experience
- 3+ years of expereince in at least one modern object-oriented programming language such as Java, C++ or C#
- 2+ years of experience building large scale, high-performance systems in a complex, multi-tiered, distributed environment
- 2+ years of design and architecture knowledge as well as familiarity with object oriented analysis and design patterns (OOA/OOD)
- Proven track record of taking ownership and successfully delivering results
- Experience with service-oriented architecture and web application/services development
- Experience or knowledge of CS fundamentals including data structures, algorithms and complexity analysis
- Experience working in a UNIX/Linux environment
- Understanding of performance tradeoffs, load balancing and operational issues
- Ability to clearly and concisely communicate with technical and non-technical stakeholders across all levels of the organization
- Master’s degree
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Meet Some of Amazon Lab126's Employees
Senior Manager, Hardware Reliability Engineering
Guneet leads the Hardware Reliability Development Team that works on the Kindle, Fire, and Amazon Echo family of products. Guneet's team plays an essential role in making products like Fire tablets robust and reliable so customers can use them for years.
Back to top