Software Development Engineer - Infrastructure Hardware Engineering
Amazon.com is looking for best-in-class Software Development Engineers to develop tools for one of the worlds largest infrastructure systems. In Amazon Web Services (http://aws.amazon.com), our goal is to become “The Infrastructure Platform” to the world. Our customers expect the highest quality and reliability for their services. As we expand at a tremendous rate it is our responsibility to exceed these expectations by driving innovative ways to automate and scale our services and data centers. We will help cover moving costs, your compensation will include meaningful equity ownership, growth, and the opportunity to build things that can potentially change the world.
As a Software Development Engineer working within AWS Hardware Engineering you will:
Develop tools and services to automate hardware engineering development process
Have end to end ownership of projects
Work closely with our internal customers
Drive operational excellence
Our ideal candidate is highly autonomous, possesses strong written and verbal communication skills, adapts quickly to new technologies, and has high career growth potential. There's ample opportunity, we want you to take advantage of it! The desire and ability to work in a fast paced, collaborative environment is essential.
Work hard, have fun, make history!
- 3+ years of experience in the job offered or related occupations of Software Development Engineer
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer or Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, or a related field
- 5+ years of experience in the job offered or related occupations of Software Development Engineer
- Mater's degree in Computer Science, Computer or Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, or a related field
- Previous experience in which high levels of initiative, judgment, and tact have been demonstrated
- Familiarity with scripting languages such as Perl, PHP, Ruby, or Unix shell scripting
- Possess a high level of discipline, flexibility and professionalism
- Experience in Agile/Scrum framework/methodologies
- Ability to work in fast-paced environment
- Experience in designing and implementing scalable, reliable, distributed software systems using Objected Oriented design in Java, C++, or similar programming languages
- Experience must also involve distributed system performance analysis and optimization
Meet Some of Amazon Lab126's Employees
Senior Manager, Hardware Reliability Engineering
Guneet leads the Hardware Reliability Development Team that works on the Kindle, Fire, and Amazon Echo family of products. Guneet's team plays an essential role in making products like Fire tablets robust and reliable so customers can use them for years.
Back to top