Software Development Engineer in Test
The Amazon Devices team designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics, including the best-selling Kindle family of products. We have also produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV, Amazon Dash, and Amazon Echo. What will you help us create?
The Device Services and Security team offers services to create new connected devices and applications effortlessly on any platform, anywhere. The Security team oversees all products within the Amazon Digital ecosystem. Our services offer a comprehensive portfolio of solutions for Amazon application developers and device builders. Our offerings include firmware update management, metrics, crash analytics, mobile communications, application management, positioning, and more. We are also involved in new Amazon initiatives around Mobile and IoT. Public deliverables include Amazon Dash Buttons and Dash Replenishment Services, Amazon device messaging and middleware for Kindle e-readers, Fire tablets, Amazon Echo and Fire TV’s.
- Build and maintain an automated test infrastructure to validate our performance globally.
- Evaluate product functionality and create test strategies and test cases to assess product quality and performance.
- Integrate with SCM infrastructure to establish a continuous build and test cycle.
- Establish processes and tools set to maintain automation scripts and generate regular test reports.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related technical field and 4 years relevant work experience, or 6+ years relevant work experience
- Proficiency in, at least, one modern programming language such as C, C++, Java, Objective-C, Python or PERL
- 2+ years experience in a test or development role as part of a product development organization which has delivered consumer oriented products
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, evaluate alternatives and develop processes and tools as needed to support the organization.
- Experience developing in a Linux environment and in utilizing virtual machines
- Knowledge of industry standard test automation tools and experience in developing product test harnesses and instrumenting products to gather test results
- Experience with test driven development and establishing unit test infrastructures
- Experience automating the validating of modern user interfaces and messaging infrastructures
- Experience with evaluating and integrating open source and in house developed toolsets
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to generate and communicate meaningful development metrics
- Expert in software quality and testing methodologies
- Comfortable working in a fast paced, highly collaborative, dynamic work environment
- Experienced in interacting and coordinating test activities amongst multiple teams
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer-Female / Minority / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Meet Some of Amazon Lab126's Employees
Senior Manager, Hardware Reliability Engineering
Guneet leads the Hardware Reliability Development Team that works on the Kindle, Fire, and Amazon Echo family of products. Guneet's team plays an essential role in making products like Fire tablets robust and reliable so customers can use them for years.
Back to top