Software Development Engineer in Test - Audio
Amazon Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics. Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc., originally creating the best-selling Kindle family of products. Since then, we have produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV and Amazon Echo. What will you help us create?
As a Software Development Engineer in Test - Audio, you will engage with an experienced cross-disciplinary staff to conceive, design, and develop innovative consumer products. You must be responsive, flexible, and able to succeed within a collaborative peer environment. You will need to be able to work efficiently and effectively in a fun, fast-paced, dynamic team environment. As a Software Development Engineer in Test - Audio, you will help develop, execute and maintain software to test the performance of audio algorithms for a wide range of products. You should have a combination of knowledge of Quality Assurance, solid understanding of the operating system, as well as knowledge of object-oriented design principles. The test software you build should expose API defects in production-level code as well as expose defects at the component and feature-integration level. You should have the ability to communicate clearly and effectively. Candidates will need to define test plans, test specifications, test suites, and test cases as well as design tools for unit, functional, and performance testing in a programmatic manner. In this role, you will:
- Connect audio equipment (audio interface, microphones, loudspeakers)
- Collect different types of audio data in different types of environments/conditions
- Create new audio data to be used for exploring device performance and debugging device code
- Write scripts to automate data processing (preferably Bash/Shell and Python)
- Understand/write C++ code in order to effectively work with and assist software development engineers
- Documenting the performance of the devices in the different testing conditions
- Work with product teams in order to define appropriate tests for each product
- Interpret testing results and be a vocal proponent for quality in every phase of the development process
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or similar technical field, or equivalent software experience
- 3+ years of experience as a developer, QA Engineer, or SDET
- 3+ years of experience in C/C++ development
- Master's degree
- Experience in Bash/Shell, Python, C/C++
- Ability to programmatically test the product, measure test coverage, develop/improve automation, drive testability and diagnostic ability into the product, while promoting best practices
- Experience writing code to test the Linux operating system, specifically an in-depth understanding of the real-time kernel, power management, scheduler, memory management, inter-process communication, and driver model
- Experience testing the kernel, kernel subsystems, and user-space applications
- Experience with open-source test tools
- Experience with CMake and Make files
- API automation testing including working experience with unit-test automation frameworks
- Ability to triage issues, react well to changes, work with teams, and multi-task on multiple products and projects
- Excellent communication, collaboration, reporting, analytical, and problem solving skills
Lab126 is part of the Amazon.com, Inc. group of companies and is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
Meet Some of Amazon Lab126's Employees
Senior Manager, Program Management Office
Kevin oversees the product development process used to create devices and accessories across all Amazon Lab126 products. His oversight helps ensure everything is scalable as product lines grow.
Senior Manager, Hardware Reliability Engineering
Guneet leads the Hardware Reliability Development Team that works on the Kindle, Fire, and Amazon Echo family of products. Guneet's team plays an essential role in making products like Fire tablets robust and reliable so customers can use them for years.
Back to top