Software Development Engineer in Test - Amazon Devices
The Amazon Devices team designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics, including the best-selling Kindle family of products. We have also produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV, Amazon Dash, and Amazon Echo. What will you help us create?
We are looking for talented software engineers in test to join our team. This is an enormous opportunity to help build a testing infrastructure for some of the cutting edge products used every day by people you know. You will be able to build and improve software and tools by translating functional requirements into robust, scalable solutions that work well within the overall system architecture. This is an opportunity to build the automated test infrastructure of your dreams.
- Participate in the testing of large-scale systems, including driving processes to reduce test automation maintenance, as well as improve and simplify quality assurance processes.
- Build and maintain an automated test infrastructure for a multi-platform product that will be used to validate all aspects of the product operation.
- Evaluate product functionality and create test strategies and test cases to assess product quality.
- Work closely in a dynamic, team-focused Agile/Scrum environment with software engineers on technical issues related to the development of complex, large-scale systems.
- Provide advice and mentoring to more junior members of the team.
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science or related field
- 3+ years of software development and testing experience
- 3+ years of experience building and designing test cases and knowledge of test methodologies
- 3+ years of Computer Science fundamentals in algorithm design, data structures, problem solving, and complexity analysis
- 3+ years of experience in at least one programming language such as C/C++, C#, Java, or Python
- Experience developing in a Linux environment and in utilizing virtual machines
- Knowledge of industry standard test automation tools and experience in developing product test harnesses and instrumenting products, especially on Android or other hand held devices, to gather test results
- API automation testing including working experience with unit test automation frameworks.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to generate and communicate meaningful development metrics
Meet Some of Amazon Lab126's Employees
Senior Manager, Hardware Reliability Engineering
Guneet leads the Hardware Reliability Development Team that works on the Kindle, Fire, and Amazon Echo family of products. Guneet's team plays an essential role in making products like Fire tablets robust and reliable so customers can use them for years.
Back to top