Software Development Engineer in Test
The Amazon Devices team designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics, including the best-selling Kindle family of products. We have also produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV, Amazon Dash, and Amazon Echo. What will you help us create?
The Media Products team is seeking a talented Software Development Engineer to test a core system applications used to build the Fire tablet experience. You will develop repeatable and automatize QA systems. You will work with Product Managers, QAEs, SDETs, and SDEs to understand features and technical implementation. You will create automated test cases in order to report to stakeholders on the quality and reliability of our products. Come help us build world class software for our customers!
We are looking for the unique combination of development skills and passion for testing. But unlike other SDET jobs we need you to be innovative, have an entrepreneur's approach and use creative solutions with the work you do on a daily basis. This is job is much more than defining tests for existing functionalities.
You will be expected to invent and implement architecture for driving the testing of a system application. Additionally, you will be part of a team that is creating tools for optimizing the testing we are currently doing. There is a need for this SDET to be confident in their ability to architect and code solutions that the group can use for years to come.
In this job you will work with development and TPM's to drive testing on a system application at all the levels of code, that you determine are important. You will also work with QAE's and QA Managers to identify and create tools that our group and Amazon in general need for advancing our testing efforts.
You must be responsive, flexible and able to succeed within an open collaborative peer environment.
We work in a fun, fast-paced dynamic team environment. As a SDET, you will develop, execute and maintain software to test the product. SDETs at Amazon are expected to have industry-leading technical abilities that enable them to significantly improve product quality. You should have a combination of solid in-depth knowledge of Quality Assurance, solid understanding of computer science principles, as well as knowledge of how to architect software for maximum longevity. The test software you will build should expose defects in production level code as well as defects at the component and feature integration level.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field, with 4+ years experience
- 3+ years of experience building production software
- Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design and data structures
- Computer Science fundamentals in algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
- Proficiency in, at least, one modern programming language such as C, C++, C#, Java, or PERL
- A solid grounding in Computer Science fundamentals (based on a BS or MS in CS or related field)
- Deftness at object-oriented design and systems architecture
- Development experience writing application for a mobile platform (Android, iOS, etc.)
- Experience providing high-performing, developer-centric tools and frameworks
- Excellence in technical communication with peers and non-technical cohorts
Meet Some of Amazon Lab126's Employees
Senior Manager, Hardware Reliability Engineering
Guneet leads the Hardware Reliability Development Team that works on the Kindle, Fire, and Amazon Echo family of products. Guneet's team plays an essential role in making products like Fire tablets robust and reliable so customers can use them for years.
Back to top