Software Development Engineer in Test
The Amazon Devices team designs and engineers customer-obsessed consumer electronics, including the best-selling Kindle, Kindle Fire Tablets, Amazon Fire TV, Amazon Dash, and Amazon Echo. What will you help us create?
Work hard. Have fun. Make history.
Fire OS powers many of our devices at Amazon. As part of the Fire OS Developer Technologies Team, you'll be building system features, tools, and frameworks to bring powerful applications to Amazon Fire devices.
If you are an experienced software development engineer in test who wants to deliver top-quality software to enable new customer experiences, then you should consider joining our engineering team.
We work in a fun, fast-paced dynamic team environment. As an SDET, you will develop, execute, and maintain software to test our products. You'll also be pushing the development team to bake in quality and to build testable products. SDETs at Amazon are expected to have industry-leading technical abilities that enable them to significantly improve product quality. You should have a combination of solid in-depth knowledge of Quality Assurance, computer science principles, and knowledge of how to architect software for performance and maintainability.
Join our team and build the software that powers devices your friends and family own now or will soon.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or similar technical field
- 3+ years of experience as a developer or SDET
- 3+ years of expertise in an object oriented programming language
- Experience in Java or C/C++ development, or white box testing
- Experience with open source test tools
- API automation testing including working experience with unit test automation frameworks or UI automation testing experience
- Writing and documentation experience
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Working knowledge of Linux and associated development tools
- Development experience with Android, iOS, or other mobile applications
- In-depth knowledge of Android operating system
- Excellent communication, collaboration, reporting, analytical and problem solving skills
- Experience with build tools such as Jenkins, Gerrit, Repo, and Git
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Meet Some of Amazon Lab126's Employees
Senior Manager, Hardware Reliability Engineering
Guneet leads the Hardware Reliability Development Team that works on the Kindle, Fire, and Amazon Echo family of products. Guneet's team plays an essential role in making products like Fire tablets robust and reliable so customers can use them for years.
Back to top