Software Development Engineer II, AWS Machine Learning Service
Interested in engineering world's best Machine Learning service on AWS? Join us to make Amazon the best place in the world to do ML.
Requirements include packaging some cool algorithms, setting up infrastructure to take care of complex run-time scenarios, working with big data and related systems, Spark code, large scale high throughput scoring, relevant ML tools and a lot of heavy lifting. Philosophy is to facilitate productionalization of Machine Learning models a lot easier for different classes of users ranging from ML experts to a developer with limited ML knowledge. The system should enable range of fast and distributed ML algorithms. Additionally, it should also allow an expert customer to bring his or her own algorithm.
Amazon's machine learning platform team currently supports services inside of the company and the AWS service AmazonML. Please take a look at https://aws.amazon.com/machine-learning/
You will work in the company of world experts and there are immense learning as well as growth opportunities.
In this role you will design, implement, test, write library code and own a SOA-based platform using object-oriented, distributed programming, Java, other AWS services and more in Linux environment. You will do everything from determining priorities and designing features to re-architecture as necessary, automated testing and mentoring others. The best candidates show true end-to-end ownership.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent work experience
- 3+ years professional experience in software development
- Strong computer science fundamentals - data structures, algorithms design, complexity analysis, operating systems etc.
- Object-oriented design
- Strong analytical abilities and problem solving
- Strong inclination towards building high quality systems by testing mercilessly.
- Strong sense of ownership and willing to own end to end systems.
- Proficiency in, at least, one modern programming language such as Java, Python, Scala, C++, C#.
- Experience taking projects from scoping requirements through V1 launch and V2 iterations.
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Experience with highly distributed, multi-tenet systems with clear state-full/state-less boundaries.
- Experience with experimentation and statistics.
- Experience with machine learning, data mining tools and techniques
Meet Some of Amazon Lab126's Employees
Senior Manager, Hardware Reliability Engineering
Guneet leads the Hardware Reliability Development Team that works on the Kindle, Fire, and Amazon Echo family of products. Guneet's team plays an essential role in making products like Fire tablets robust and reliable so customers can use them for years.
Back to top