Software Development Engineer - FireTV
Amazon Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics. Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc., originally creating the best-selling Kindle family of products. Since then, we have produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV and Amazon Echo. What will you help us create?
Work hard. Have fun. Make history.
We're building high-profile apps for Fire TV using Web and Android technologies and are looking for talented mobile app developers. You will have an enormous opportunity to impact the customer experience, design, architecture, and implementation of a cutting edge mobile product used every day, by people you know. We are looking for passionate, hard working software engineers who have experience building innovative, mobile applications that customers love.
In this role, you will:
- Mobile application software development, design and prototyping.
- Contribute expert-level web and android development skills to develop responsive, consumer facing apps for TV.
- Writing clean, maintainable code and performing peer code-reviews.
- Work with other team members to investigate design approaches, prototype new technology and evaluate technical feasibility
- Work in an Agile/Scrum environment to deliver high quality software against aggressive schedules
- Establish architectural principles, select design patterns and then mentor team members on their appropriate application
- Work closely with internal teams to prioritize, design and build custom applications.
- Interact directly with external products to identify app requirements.
As a Senior Software Developer, you will be a tech lead for a team of engineers in design, development, and testing of a range of products on mobile platforms (Android and iOS). A successful candidate will have an established background in developing user-facing experiences, a strong technical ability, excellent project management skills, great communication skills, and a motivation to achieve results in a fast-paced environment. You will be helping to hire and develop your team and systems. In this role, you will:
- Prioritize well, communicate clearly, and have a consistent track record of delivery
- Be responsible for the overall systems development lifecycle of a key product subsystem
- Manage and execute against project plans and delivery commitments
- Manage the day-to-day activities of the engineering team of engineers within an Agile/Scrum environment
- Work closely with the engineers to architect and develop the best technical design and approach
- Report on status of development, quality, operations, and system performance to management
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field, or 7+ year relevant work experience
- 5+ years of professional experience in software development
- 3+ years of demonstrated experience in Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
- 3+ years of experience with best practices in App Developement for Web and Android based apps
- Ability to learn and adapt to new, complex development environments
- Analytical and creative design skills and excellent communication skills
- Solid coding practices including good design documentation, unit testing, peer code reviews, and a preference for agile methods
- Passionate about building and improving new products in a fast paced, team-oriented environment
- Experience mentoring more junior team members
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Meet Some of Amazon Lab126's Employees
Senior Manager, Hardware Reliability Engineering
Guneet leads the Hardware Reliability Development Team that works on the Kindle, Fire, and Amazon Echo family of products. Guneet's team plays an essential role in making products like Fire tablets robust and reliable so customers can use them for years.
Back to top