Software Development Engineer - FireTV
We are building an ecosystem of tools and services that ingest, transform and serve 3rd party video catalogs to the FireTV devices. Our charter is to drive the quality and availability of the data through highly performant, highly available systems, but also through analytics. For this, we gravitate towards a reactive model, microservices, REST, automation and Machine Learning.
We value diversity of backgrounds as we believe writing software is a learning process and that innovation is driven by learners, not knowers. Along with traditional computer science and engineering, we have backgrounds in physics, chemistry, biomechanics and experiences ranging from embedded software and Android to stock trading engines and video streaming to 3D modeling.
We are looking for a dynamic Senior SDE with the drive and enthusiasm to build with us the next generations of our platform.
Specifically, you will:
- Lead large, complex projects that span multiple teams;
- Propose solutions to problems spanning topics from Android to Services;
- Drive the architecture of our vending services;
- Drive the architecture of our high performance ingestion platform;
- Design highly scalable, low cost, high performance, highly redundant systems;
- Innovate, create and simplify our current and future systems;
- Guide and mentor more junior engineers; and
- Be a champion for the user: insist on the highest standards, earn trust and deliver results.
- Bachelor’s Degree or Masters in Computer Science, or equivalent professional experience;
- 1+ years professional experience in software development
- Proficiency in Computer Science fundamentals – object oriented design, data structures, algorithms, design, problem solving, and complexity analysis; and
- Proficiency in Java or C++ or other high level languages.
- Experience building complex, scalable, high-performance software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers;
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices such as Agile, TDD and Extreme Programming;
Meet Some of Amazon Lab126's Employees
Senior Manager, Hardware Reliability Engineering
Guneet leads the Hardware Reliability Development Team that works on the Kindle, Fire, and Amazon Echo family of products. Guneet's team plays an essential role in making products like Fire tablets robust and reliable so customers can use them for years.
Back to top