Software Development Engineer - Fire TV Search
Fire TV is the #1 best-selling streaming media player is the US – a tiny box that connects your HDTV to a world of online content. This is an opportunity to join a newly formed Fire TV Search Experience Team focused on connecting customers with entertaining and engaging content.
We are building a unified search experience across categories of digital entertainment, including the most popular video catalogs from the likes of Amazon Video, Netflix and Hulu, internet videos, apps & games, and music – all accessible through an Alexa powered voice search. Our technology stack is powered by Java-based services, AWS services (such as Amazon Elasticsearch Service, Amazon CloudSearch, AWS Lambda, and Amazon EMR), and Alexa’s Natural Language Understanding (NLU).
We are looking for a Software Development Engineer with a strong technical background, and a passion for search technologies and digital entertainment. If you were to join today, you’d get an opportunity to:
- Bring new content to Fire TV through search
- Make search smarter, by working with Alexa to gain a deeper understanding of user queries
- Leverage a big data & analytics pipeline to gain insight into search patterns and quality
- Continuously improve the search experience and relevance by experimenting with new features and algorithms, and measuring their impact
- Build a video catalog search platform that can be leveraged by other teams in Fire TV to improve the overall product experience
- Help set the technical and product direction for the team
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field
- 3+ years of industry experience in software development
- Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures and algorithms
- Proficiency in, at least, one modern programming language such as C, C++, Java, or Python
- 5+ years of industry experience in software development
- Experience building complex, mission critical systems
- Experience with search technology, such as elastic search
- Experience developing on cloud based infrastructure
- Experience influencing software engineering best practices within your team
- Passion for digital entertainment, including TV and Movies
Meet Some of Amazon Lab126's Employees
Senior Manager, Hardware Reliability Engineering
Guneet leads the Hardware Reliability Development Team that works on the Kindle, Fire, and Amazon Echo family of products. Guneet's team plays an essential role in making products like Fire tablets robust and reliable so customers can use them for years.
Back to top