Software Development Engineer
Amazon Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics. Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc., originally creating the best-selling Kindle family of products. Since then, we have produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV and Amazon Echo. What will you help us create?
As a Software Development Engineer, you will engage with an experienced cross-disciplinary staff to conceive, design and bring to market innovative consumer products. You must be responsive, flexible and able to succeed within an open collaborative peer environment.
Connectivity is a core feature of our products. We have openings for SDEs to build a team responsible for developing new and unique wireless connectivity solutions.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or closely related field
- 3+ years of relevant work experience in software development
- Knowledge with one of the modern programming languages such as C++, Java, Go or Node.js
- Experience developing in a Linux environment
- Experience debugging, troubleshooting, and problem solving skills
- Experience with Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design and analysis
- Experience developing highly scalable distributed systems
- Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
- Working knowledge of REST APIs and client/server interaction models
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Experience with distributed computing and enterprise-wide systems
- Experience influencing software engineers best practices within your team
- Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project
- Ability to propose and evolve features under the guidance of Senior and Principal Engineers
- Understanding of end-to-end SW development tool chains and environments
Lab126 is part of the Amazon.com, Inc. group of companies and is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer-Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation
Meet Some of Amazon Lab126's Employees
Senior Manager, Hardware Reliability Engineering
Guneet leads the Hardware Reliability Development Team that works on the Kindle, Fire, and Amazon Echo family of products. Guneet's team plays an essential role in making products like Fire tablets robust and reliable so customers can use them for years.
Back to top