Software Development Engineer
The Amazon Devices team designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics, including the best-selling Kindle family of products. We have also produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV, Amazon Dash, and Amazon Echo. What will you help us create?
The Kindle, Fire tablets, and Amazon Fire TV are revolutionary consumer devices that have become the #1 best-selling Amazon products. They are among the most innovative and fastest growing businesses at Amazon. We are looking for talented software engineers to join our team in building the back-end cloud services that power the browse and discovery experience for the FireTV. This is an enormous opportunity to lead the design, architecture, and implementation of a product used every day by people you know.
Work hard. Have fun. Make history.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, computer engineering or related technical discipline
- Experience with software development skills, preferably in Java, C/C++, Ruby and/or Perl in Linux environment.
- Knowledge of system and application performance characteristics.
- An MS degree in Computer Science
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Ability to work in a fast paced and agile development environment
- Passion for developing products which provide a great customer experience
- Motivation to drive tasks to completion and take ownership of projects
- Strong customer focus, ownership, urgency and drive.
- Experience building and operating online services and fault-tolerant distributed systems
Meet Some of Amazon Lab126's Employees
Senior Manager, Hardware Reliability Engineering
Guneet leads the Hardware Reliability Development Team that works on the Kindle, Fire, and Amazon Echo family of products. Guneet's team plays an essential role in making products like Fire tablets robust and reliable so customers can use them for years.
Back to top