Software Development Engineer
The Amazon Kindle, Kindle Fire and FireTV are revolutionary consumer devices that have become the #1 best-selling Amazon products. They are among the most innovative and fastest growing businesses at both Amazon and the entire consumer electronics industry.
The Fire TV Services team is looking for a passionate, hard-working, and talented Software Development Engineer who has experience designing and developing highly performing, highly available and massively scaled systems. These software systems power content discovery, search and many other key features on the FireTV experience. This is a unique team where your work will range from visual details in the customer experience all the way to big-data collection, processing an analysis as well as everything in between. You will work with an experienced and passionate cross-disciplinary staff working to revolutionize consumer TV experiences.
As a member of the team, you will design, develop, and launch core product features. You will have significant influence on our overall strategy by investigating technical problems, rapidly prototyping possible solutions, driving the system architecture, and spearheading best practices that enable sustainable and quality software systems. Ambiguity will be commonplace. Pragmatism required.
You must be technically excellent, passionate about new opportunities, and have a track record of delivering new features or products. You must be comfortable working in an open, collaborative environment where teamwork, hustle, and exceptional communication skills are absolute requirements. And through it all, you've got to maintain a sense of humor, work hard, have fun and make history.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field
- 5+ years professional experience in software development
- Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design
- Computer Science fundamentals in data structures
- Computer Science fundamentals in algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
- Proficiency in, at least, one modern programming language such as C, C++, Java, or Python
- Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project
- Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs.
Meet Some of Amazon Lab126's Employees
Senior Manager, Hardware Reliability Engineering
Guneet leads the Hardware Reliability Development Team that works on the Kindle, Fire, and Amazon Echo family of products. Guneet's team plays an essential role in making products like Fire tablets robust and reliable so customers can use them for years.
Back to top