Software Development Engineer
The Amazon Devices team designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics, including the best-selling Kindle family of products. We have also produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV, Amazon Dash, and Amazon Echo. What will you help us create?
What will you help us create?
Want to build software services that improve the lives of device software developers and accelerate product development? Our team is building tools for automated tests and insight into the quality of device software for products such as the Fire Tablets, Fire TV, and Amazon Echo.
We need creative, collaborative developers who want to challenge themselves on a small, fast-moving, diverse team that is driving change and delivering customer value.
If you join our team, you will:
• Own the entire software lifecycle, from system design to implementation, release, operation, and continuous, iterative improvement.
• Work on every layer of the full system stack, from interaction with devices to API design and implementation, to designing and building user interfaces to delight our customers.
• Interface closely with internal customers to quickly drive new products, new features and new ways forward.
• Exercise and build your coding skills in Java and Python
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science (or related field)
• 3+ years professional experience in software development.
• 3+ years of experience in Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis.
• 3+ years of experience in at least one modern programming language such as Java or Python.
• Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
• Familiarity with devops software development methods.
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project
• Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Meet Some of Amazon Lab126's Employees
Senior Manager, Hardware Reliability Engineering
Guneet leads the Hardware Reliability Development Team that works on the Kindle, Fire, and Amazon Echo family of products. Guneet's team plays an essential role in making products like Fire tablets robust and reliable so customers can use them for years.
Back to top