Software Development Engineer
The Amazon Devices team designs and engineers customer-obsessed consumer electronics, including the best-selling Kindle, Kindle Fire Tablets, Amazon Fire TV, Amazon Dash, and Amazon Echo. What will you help us create?
SDEs/SDETs at Amazon work on real world problems on a global scale, own their systems end to end and influence the direction of our technology that impacts hundreds of millions customers around the world. At Amazon an SDE/SDET can expect to design flexible and scalable solutions, and work on some of the most complex challenges in large-scale computing by utilizing your skills in data structures, algorithms, and object oriented programming.
If you feel strongly about building world class software at global scale, have experience in building distributed systems, device software, and/or wireless platform services with strict performance requirements, we’d like to talk to you.
- Bachelor's Degree or higher in Computer Science or related field
- Three or more years of experience in any object-oriented programming language
- Strong object-oriented programming skills in Java, C++ or C#
- Computer Science fundamentals in algorithms, data structures, and complexity analysis
- Experience designing and building highly scalable applications
- Experience communicating with users, other technical teams, and senior management to gather requirements, describe software product features, technical designs, and product strategy
- Mobile development experience (Android and/or iOS) and/or strong interest in mobile development
- Experience developing software in a UNIX/Linux environment
- Experience taking a leading role in designing and building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for SDLC including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing and operations
- Experience with distributed computing
- Strong leadership, communication and interpersonal skills
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Meet Some of Amazon Lab126's Employees
Senior Manager, Hardware Reliability Engineering
Guneet leads the Hardware Reliability Development Team that works on the Kindle, Fire, and Amazon Echo family of products. Guneet's team plays an essential role in making products like Fire tablets robust and reliable so customers can use them for years.
Back to top