Software Development Engineer
Amazon.com, along with being a retail and technology company, is an inventive research and development organization that designs and builds high-profile devices like the Kindle family of products. We have worked to produce best-selling tablets, e-readers, the Echo, Amazon Dash and the Fire TV, a tiny yet powerful way to watch the best movies and TV shows in the comfort of your living room. What will you help us create?
The Fire TV Services team is looking for a passionate, hard-working, and talented Software Development Engineer who has experience designing and developing highly performing, highly available and massively scaled systems. These software systems power content discovery, search and many other key features on the FireTV experience. This is a unique team where your work will range from visual details in the customer experience all the way to big-data collection, processing an analysis as well as everything in between. You will work with an experienced and passionate cross-disciplinary staff working to revolutionize consumer TV experiences. You will have an enormous opportunity to make a large impact on the architecture and implementation of cutting edge products used every day, by people you know.
As a member of the team, you will design, develop, and launch core product features. You will have significant influence on our overall strategy by investigating technical problems, rapidly prototyping possible solutions, driving the system architecture, and spearheading best practices that enable sustainable and quality software systems. Ambiguity will be commonplace. Pragmatism required.
You must be technically excellent, passionate about new opportunities, and have a track record of delivering new features or products. You must be comfortable working in an open, collaborative environment where teamwork, hustle, and exceptional communication skills are absolute requirements. And through it all, you've got to maintain a sense of humor, work hard, have fun and make history.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, computer engineering or related technical discipline
- Strong, object-oriented design and coding skills (C/C++ and/or Java preferably on a UNIX or Linux platform)
- Knowledge of Perl or other scripting languages a plus
- Experience with distributed (multi-tiered) systems, algorithms, and relational databases
- Experience in optimization mathematics (linear programming, nonlinear optimization)
- Ability to effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions
- Deal well with ambiguous/undefined problems; ability to think abstractly
- Previous technical internship(s) preferred
- Graduate degree a plus
- 1 year of industry experience preferred
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Meet Some of Amazon Lab126's Employees
Senior Manager, Hardware Reliability Engineering
Guneet leads the Hardware Reliability Development Team that works on the Kindle, Fire, and Amazon Echo family of products. Guneet's team plays an essential role in making products like Fire tablets robust and reliable so customers can use them for years.
Back to top