Software Development Engineer - AWS Infrastructure Automation
WHAT? A wave of innovation is bringing sweeping changes to networking technology. Virtualization, unimaginable scale, hardware commoditization, and automation are revolutionizing network software.
WHERE? At Amazon we push the boundaries in robustness, fault-tolerance and smart adaptive algorithms that can react intelligently to real-world events. Software engineers on our team contribute to every phase of the development process and deploy scalable software systems worldwide.
WHY THERE? Amazon Web Services (AWS) runs one of the biggest networks in the world. We leverage big data technologies and deep network analytics software to drive network automation, performance, and reliability.
WHY CARE? Make history as a software developer at AWS Networking. We develop software at every level of the stack from front-end user interfaces to low-level embedded software and everything in between. We are a highly motivated, co-operative, and fun loving team of software developers who thrive on solving challenging problems and building large-scale distributed software systems.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Vet
Visit www.amazon.jobs for more information.
- A bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science (or equivalent).
- 3+ years of experience in building production software applications.
- Software development skills, preferably in Java, C/C++, Ruby and/or Perl in Linux environment.
- Familiarity with distributed systems, asynchronous messaging, and network protocols.
- A solid grounding in Computer Science fundamentals, data structures, algorithms, object-oriented design and systems architecture.
- Problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Knowledge of major protocols, topology design, network hardware and device configuration.
- 5+ years of experience in building production software applications with focus on efficient back-end components is required.
- A solid understanding of performance and efficiency issues.
- Experience with distributed computing and enterprise-wide systems.
- Experience taking a leading role in building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers.
- Experience mentoring junior software engineers to improve their skills, and make them more effective, product software engineers.
- Experience influencing software engineering best practices within your team.
- Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project.
- A strong customer orientation.
Meet Some of Amazon Lab126's Employees
Senior Manager, Hardware Reliability Engineering
Guneet leads the Hardware Reliability Development Team that works on the Kindle, Fire, and Amazon Echo family of products. Guneet's team plays an essential role in making products like Fire tablets robust and reliable so customers can use them for years.
Back to top