Software Development Engineer, Automation Tools
Do you take pride in building software and applications that are highly performant, leverage modern technologies, and span multiple platforms? Are you as passionate for your users as you are for each line of code you write? Do you want to build intelligent software that delivers, monitors and improves the experience of millions of Amazon customers around the world?
We are looking for a versatile software development engineer who is passionate about building software solutions that have an impact on both internal Amazon employees and Amazon’s end customers. The right candidate will thrive in fast-paced environments, enjoy the challenge of working through complex and ambiguous problems, and will want to contribute in a leadership capacity to the design of our team's tech platforms, frameworks, and processes.
Good communication and interpersonal skills are a must: since we are a multi-disciplinary team, our developers must work closely and collaborate productively with designers, program managers, and stakeholders from the business. And as a lead developer, this individual will also be responsible for mentoring the team's junior developers.
Who we are
Our team supports a vast number of businesses, categories, and products across all global Amazon web sites. Our work has a direct and significant impact on the user experience of millions of Amazon customers around the globe, in addition to many business critical internal operations. We are part of the Amazon Integrated Marketing organization who owns a portfolio of customer-facing features and internal tools that are used to elevate Amazon’s shopping experience at scale.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, IT or related discipline
- An understanding of Computer Science fundamentals including software architecture, data structures, algorithms and complexity analysis
- 5+ years professional experience in software development
- Experience in at least one modern programming language such as C#, C++, Java, or Ruby
- Experience in building scalable, rich, usable web applications
- Understanding of big-data technologies and storage concepts
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Proven track record of taking ownership and successfully delivering results
- Experience in Ruby/Rails and/or Java/J2EE
- Experience building high-performance, big-data systems in a complex, distributed environment
- Experience working with Agile methodologies like SCRUM, Kanban, TDD
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- The ability to work and communicate productively and efficiently with business stakeholders
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Meet Some of Amazon Lab126's Employees
Senior Manager, Hardware Reliability Engineering
Guneet leads the Hardware Reliability Development Team that works on the Kindle, Fire, and Amazon Echo family of products. Guneet's team plays an essential role in making products like Fire tablets robust and reliable so customers can use them for years.
Back to top