Software Development Engineer - Audio
Amazon Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics. Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc., originally creating the best-selling Kindle family of products. Since then, we have produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV, and Amazon Echo. What will you help us create?
As a Audio Software Development Engineer, you will work in one of the fastest-changing fields, with the benefits of Amazon's infrastructure and being surrounded by subject matter experts and technology partners. You must love high quality signal processing, enjoy adjusting codecs, optimizing audio frameworks, and have a feel for what a good consumer experience should sound like. As part of the larger technology team working on new consumer technology, your work will have a large impact to hardware, internal software developers, ecosystem, and ultimately the lives of Amazon customers. In this role, you will:
- Integrate vendor hardware and software stacks
- Tune hardware for highest audio performance and lowest noise
- Be passionate, responsive, flexible and able to succeed within an open collaborative peer environment
- Be able, and willing, to multi-task and learn new technologies quickly
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related field
- 3 + years of software development engineering experience
- Master's or PhD degree
- Experience with audio filter design
- Experience with Bluetooth audio profiles
- Android Audio frameworks knowledge
- Familiarity with OpenMAX and/or ALSA
Lab126 is part of the Amazon.com, Inc. group of companies and is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
Meet Some of Amazon Lab126's Employees
Senior Manager, Program Management Office
Kevin oversees the product development process used to create devices and accessories across all Amazon Lab126 products. His oversight helps ensure everything is scalable as product lines grow.
Senior Manager, Hardware Reliability Engineering
Guneet leads the Hardware Reliability Development Team that works on the Kindle, Fire, and Amazon Echo family of products. Guneet's team plays an essential role in making products like Fire tablets robust and reliable so customers can use them for years.
Back to top