Software Development Engineer (Android Apps)
The Amazon Devices team designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics, including the best-selling Kindle family of products. We have also produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV, Amazon Dash, and Amazon Echo. What will you help us create?
We are looking for passionate, hard-working, and talented software engineers who have experience building innovative, mission critical, high volume applications that customers love on Fire tablets. Work with world-class engineers, business leaders and other talented engineering teams while you design, architect and code for Fire tablets.
• Develop software for product initiatives.
• Investigate, prototype, and deliver new and innovative software applications.
• Deliver high quality software through working in a dynamic, team-focused Agile/Scrum environment.
We are looking for passionate, hard-working, and talented software engineers who have experience building innovative, mission critical, high volume applications that customers love. You will have an enormous opportunity to make a large impact on the design, architecture, and implementation of cutting edge products used every day, by people you know. This is a high visibility team where you will get a chance to make a positive impact on customer experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or similar technical field.
- 2+ years of experience in software development.
- 2+ years of experience in computer Science fundamentals in algorithm design, data structure, problem solving, and complexity analysis.
- 2+ years of experience in at least, one programming language C++, Java, or Python
- Master’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or similar technical field.
- Experience in building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers.
- 4+ years of experience in software development.
- Experience in Android application development.
- Experience in consumer electronic devices.
- Excellent communication, collaboration, reporting, analytical and problem solving skills.
Meet Some of Amazon Lab126's Employees
Senior Manager, Hardware Reliability Engineering
Guneet leads the Hardware Reliability Development Team that works on the Kindle, Fire, and Amazon Echo family of products. Guneet's team plays an essential role in making products like Fire tablets robust and reliable so customers can use them for years.
Back to top