Software Development Engineer (Android)
Amazon Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics. Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc., originally creating the best-selling Kindle family of products. Since then, we have produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV and Amazon Echo. What will you help us create?
Do you love the fast paced world of consumer devices? Are you interested in making the every day experience of your friends and family better by developing the products they use in their home? Are you passionate about making software solutions that are elegant and allow users to easily discover and enjoy entertaining content in their home? If so we want to talk to you!
As a Software Development Engineer in the Media Products Team, you will engage with an experienced cross-disciplinary staff to conceive and design innovative consumer products. You will build innovated applications and frameworks to enable new solutions. This will range from building better experiences on our devices to coming up with new and original ways for customers and other developers alike to enjoy using our products.
The Software Development Engineer will provide technical leadership and contribute to the definition and development of custom Java software applications across multiple platforms. This hands-on position requires in-depth technical knowledge of application software development as well as demonstrated experience successfully planning, organizing, and conducting software development projects in a dynamic environment. In this role, you will:
- Be responsible for the architecture of software solutions, the determining of current limitations and compatibilities between subsystems, the selection of new concepts and methodology, and the development of major routines and utilities
- Create new UI applications and frameworks and create new features for current applications
- Prepare technical requirements and software design specifications
- Instill best practices for software development and documentation, make sure designs meet requirements, and deliver high-quality work
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field.
- 3+ years of experience doing hands-on software development
- Mobile applications development
- Experience working on high-volume consumer products
- Data analysis and debugging skills
- Object-oriented programming, architecture, and design pattern knowledge
- Master's degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Robust project planning/execution skills including estimating, scheduling and executing on committed schedules
- Mobile development with Java and Android
- Excellent judgment, organizational, and problem-solving skills
- Experience with embedded systems
Lab126 is part of the Amazon.com, Inc. group of companies and is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
Meet Some of Amazon Lab126's Employees
Senior Manager, Hardware Reliability Engineering
Guneet leads the Hardware Reliability Development Team that works on the Kindle, Fire, and Amazon Echo family of products. Guneet's team plays an essential role in making products like Fire tablets robust and reliable so customers can use them for years.
Back to top