Software Development Engineer - Amazon Devices
Are you interested in working on truly huge and impactful projects that reach millions of people? Our organization brought you the Alexa family of products: Echo, Amazon Tap, and Echo Dot, as well as the Alexa mobile companion app. We’re continuing to build amazing products, services, and features across many technologies including Alexa, Android, and mobile.
You don’t need any experience in those specific technologies, just an enthusiasm to build cutting edge software particularly around user interfaces, cross-device APIs, or cloud-based services. If this sounds appealing to you, please contact us and we’d love to chat!
If you join us, your opportunities will include:
• Invent a novel delightful Android-based experience for our customers.
• Collaborate with UX and Product owners to define customer experience and product direction.
• Deliver high quality software through working in a dynamic, team-focused Agile/Scrum environment.
- BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent.
- 3+ years of industry experience.
- 3 years of programming experience in Java or C++; in Linux, Windows, and/or Mac environment.
- CS fundamentals including algorithms, runtime analysis, OO design, code quality.
- Passion for inventing new product designs and technical solutions.
- Demonstrated ability to drive and articulate technical challenges and solutions.
- Demonstrated ability to create advanced architectures and sustainable solutions.
- Experience collaborating with UX, Product, and non-technical partners.
- Familiarity with working in an Agile environment.
- Programming experience on mobile platforms, preferably Android.
- Graduate degree.
Meet Some of Amazon Lab126's Employees
Senior Manager, Hardware Reliability Engineering
Guneet leads the Hardware Reliability Development Team that works on the Kindle, Fire, and Amazon Echo family of products. Guneet's team plays an essential role in making products like Fire tablets robust and reliable so customers can use them for years.
Back to top