Software Development Engineer – Alexa Information
Alexa is the Amazon cloud service that powers Echo and other Amazon devices, which are designed around your voice. Whether in the kitchen with Echo, on the couch with Fire TV, customers expect Alexa to delight them with immediate and accurate answers to their questions. Alexa information domain is responsible for providing rich information to customers on a wide variety of topics including weather, sports, traffic, local businesses and movie show-times.
As a Software Development Engineer on our team, you will be working on building distributed and scalable services that power information verticals on Alexa. Our goal is to provide results that are not just accurate, but highly relevant. Since Alexa is primarily a voice powered assistant, end latencies are extremely important, and we strive to keep them low. You will have enormous opportunities to create impact by working on the design, architecture, and implementation of new and existing applications. You will have a chance to influence the product features and long term design by working with other engineers and product managers on the team, developing exciting and compelling ways of providing information on Alexa.
We are looking for software developers who share our passion for constantly improving information experiences for millions of customers on Alexa. We require you to have strong coding and communication skills, and experience with Object Oriented programming languages like Java or C++. Preference would be given to candidates with experience in building high-performance, reliable systems in a complex, multi-tiered, and distributed environment.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
- 3+ years of experience building successful production software systems
- Possess Object Oriented design/development skills and have experience driving projects from concept to prototype and finally implementation
- Experience developing cloud software services and an understanding of design for scalability, performance and reliability
- Development experience defining, developing and maintaining web service API's
- Master's degree in Computer Science or related field
- Demonstrated ability to mentor other software developers to maintain architectural vision and software quality.
- Excellence in technical communications with both technical and non-technical peers
- Mastery of the tools of the trade, including a variety of modern programming languages (Java, C/C++, Objective C, Python) and open-source technologies (Linux, Spring, Hibernate)
Lab126 is part of the Amazon.com, Inc. group of companies and is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority/Female/Disability/Vet
Meet Some of Amazon Lab126's Employees
Senior Manager, Hardware Reliability Engineering
Guneet leads the Hardware Reliability Development Team that works on the Kindle, Fire, and Amazon Echo family of products. Guneet's team plays an essential role in making products like Fire tablets robust and reliable so customers can use them for years.
Back to top