Software Development Engineer
Amazon Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics. Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc., originally creating the best-selling Kindle family of products. Since then, we have produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV and Amazon Echo. What will you help us create?
As a Software Development Engineer for the Hardware Development, Systems and Infrastructure Team, you will own critical software platforms used by Amazon's Hardware Development teams.
These systems are heavily used by both internal and external customers alike and have aggressive SLAs -- which means architecting a scalable, fault-tolerant system is essential. You will engage with an experienced cross-disciplinary staff to conceive and design innovative solutions. You must be responsive, flexible and able to succeed within an open collaborative environment. You will take part in designing solutions to hard problems across a global infrastructure platform. You will work closely with multiple DevOps teams to drive the SDLC from concept to launch and ensuring the highest level of quality for your deliverables. In this role, you will:
- Design, develop and implement internal tools of hardware engineering systems
- Work with new technologies to bring exceptional user experience
- Be responsible for software design and architecture
- Deliver investigation plans and reports, architectural documents, design specs, software and firmware source code, and build scripts
- Perform tasks including debug, bring-up, prototype and production software development
- Collaborate with both software and hardware engineering teams
- Bachelor's degree and/or Master's degree in Computer Science
- 3+ years of experience as a software development engineer
- 3+ years of experience coding in Python and/or Java
- 3+ years of multidisciplinary experience working with software development, infrastructure and QA teams
- Experience with Full Stack development
- Strong shell and Python scripting skills
- Highly effective and thrive in a dynamic environment with multiple, changing priorities
- Strong interpersonal communication skills, including verbal, written and building customer relationships
- A passion for staying up-to-date with continuous delivery, DevOps methodologies and helping teams develop software more efficiently
- Candidates must be creative, flexible and self-motivated.
- Proficiency in the tools of the trade, including, and not limited to open-source technologies
- Proven ability in building automated platforms that have scaled across multiple data centers
- Relentlessly high standards
Lab126 is part of the Amazon.com, Inc. group of companies and is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Meet Some of Amazon Lab126's Employees
Senior Manager, Hardware Reliability Engineering
Guneet leads the Hardware Reliability Development Team that works on the Kindle, Fire, and Amazon Echo family of products. Guneet's team plays an essential role in making products like Fire tablets robust and reliable so customers can use them for years.
Back to top