Software Development Engineer
Amazon Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics. Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc., originally creating the best-selling Kindle family of products. Since then, we have produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV and Amazon Echo.
What will you help us create?
Interested in Amazon Echo and Alexa? We’ve already added dozens of new features to Alexa since launch, including Pandora, Google Calendar, Audible, sports scores and schedules, and more. But it’s still day 1 – you can be part of the team that makes Alexa smarter. As a member of the team you will be responsible for the design, development and launch of new skills and capabilities on Alexa and Echo. We are growing this new team and are looking for talented engineers.
As a member of the team you will be responsible for leading the development and launch of core product features. You will have significant influence on our overall strategy by helping define these product features, drive the system architecture, and spearhead the best practices that enable a quality product.
The ideal candidate is clearly passionate about new opportunities and has a demonstrable track record of success in delivering new features and products. A commitment to team work, hustle, and strong communication skills (to both business and technical partners) are absolute requirements. Creating reliable, scalable, and high performance products requires exceptional technical expertise, a sound understanding of the fundamentals of Computer Science, and practical experience building large-scale distributed systems. This person has thrived and succeeded in delivering high quality technology products/services in a hyper-growth environment where priorities shift fast.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field
- 3+ years experience building production software systems
- 3+ years of OO design/development skills and have a proven track record for driving projects from concept to prototype and finally implementation
- 3+ years of experience in the tools of the trade, including a variety of modern programming languages (Java, C/C++, Objective C, Python) and open-source technologies (Linux, SQLite, OpenGL, Spring, Hibernate)
- 3+ years of development experience defining, developing and maintaining REST based interfaces
- Experience developing cloud software services and an understanding of design for scalability, performance and reliability
- Development experience defining, developing and maintaining web service API's
- Development experience with Linux and embedded operating systems.
- Development experience with communications products (e.g. IP messaging, voice , and video)
- Demonstrated ability to mentor other software developers to maintain architectural vision and software quality
Lab126 is part of the Amazon.com, Inc. group of companies and is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation
Meet Some of Amazon Lab126's Employees
Senior Manager, Hardware Reliability Engineering
Guneet leads the Hardware Reliability Development Team that works on the Kindle, Fire, and Amazon Echo family of products. Guneet's team plays an essential role in making products like Fire tablets robust and reliable so customers can use them for years.
Back to top