Software Development Engineer
Amazon Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics. Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc., originally creating the best-selling Kindle family of products. Since then, we have produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV, and Amazon Echo. What will you help us create?
Work hard. Have fun. Make history.
As a Software Design Engineer – Wireless, you will participate in integrating and improving the firmware stacks for the cellular wireless modems embedded in our devices. You will be jointly responsible for the integration between a wireless modem and an embedded device.
Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent
· 3+ years of software development experience
· C and embedded SW development expertise
· 3+ years of hands-on development and integration experience based on 3GPP and 3GPP2 standards based protocols
· Experience in debugging issues from carrier certification and field test
· Wireless consumer electronic device experience
· Understanding of the communication stack from layer-1 and drivers through protocol, routing and network management
· Hands-on experience in working with Linux-based devices
Lab126 is part of the Amazon.com, Inc. group of companies and is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
Meet Some of Amazon Lab126's Employees
Senior Manager, Hardware Reliability Engineering
Guneet leads the Hardware Reliability Development Team that works on the Kindle, Fire, and Amazon Echo family of products. Guneet's team plays an essential role in making products like Fire tablets robust and reliable so customers can use them for years.
Back to top