Software Development Engineer
The Amazon Devices team designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics, including the best-selling Kindle family of products. We have also produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV, Amazon Dash, and Amazon Echo. What will you help us create?
We are looking for passionate, hard-working, and talented software engineers who have experience building innovative, mission critical, high volume applications that customers love on Fire tablets. Work with world-class engineers, business leaders and other talented engineering teams while you design, architect and code for Kindle Fire.
The Amazon Kindle, Fire tablets, and Fire TV are revolutionary consumer devices that have become the #1 best-selling Amazon products. They are among the most innovative and fastest growing businesses at both Amazon and the entire consumer electronics industry. We are looking for talented software engineers to join our team in building application software. This is an enormous opportunity to lead the design, architecture, and implementation of products used every day by people you know.
An SDE at Amazon is a developer with the primary responsibility of writing frameworks and apps for products. It is a unique and challenging role and provides immense opportunity to design and develop wide-reaching software products. It combines the "building" aspect of software design engineering with the "breaking" aspect of software engineering. You’ll be writing code that will be used by millions of customers.
As Software Engineer, your responsibilities will include:
• Deliver results on complex projects involving teams across the company.
• Be responsible for the architecture of software solutions.
• Create new and edit current applications and features.
• Prepare technical requirements and software design specifications.
• Instill best practices for software development and documentation, making sure designs meet requirements and delivering high-quality work on tight schedules.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or similar technical field.
- 3+ years of experience in software development.
- 3+ years of experience in computer Science fundamentals in algorithm design, data structure, problem solving, and complexity analysis.
- 3+ years of experience in at least, one programming language C++, Java, or Python
- Master’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or similar technical field.
- Experience in building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers.
- 8+ years of experience in software development.
- Experience in Android application development.
- Experience in consumer electronic devices.
- Excellent communication, collaboration, reporting, analytical and problem solving skills.
Lab126 is part of the Amazon.com, Inc. group of companies and is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
Meet Some of Amazon Lab126's Employees
Senior Manager, Hardware Reliability Engineering
Guneet leads the Hardware Reliability Development Team that works on the Kindle, Fire, and Amazon Echo family of products. Guneet's team plays an essential role in making products like Fire tablets robust and reliable so customers can use them for years.
Back to top