Software Development Engineer
Amazon Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics. Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc., originally creating the best-selling Kindle family of products. Since then, we have produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV and Amazon Echo. What will you help us create?
Work hard. Have fun. Make history.
As a Software Development Engineer , you will be in charge of building core technologies to embed the multilingual and multi-cultural framework into the products.
We are looking for a talented, detail-oriented and enthusiastic Software Development Engineer who is passionate about quality and is enthusiastic about digital products. The person chosen for this position will have the opportunity to contribute their creative ideas and energy to our group. Duties include research, design, implementation, documentation, and maintenance of systems and the creation of software services and tools to drive the software development process towards higher quality.
In this role will:
- You will take part in the implementation and customization of software, working closely with the whole application teams while delivering the best core engines in the platform level.
- You will be working on cutting edge technologies in the market today. The development will be from the concept stage to the launch stage and ensuring the highest level of quality for your deliverables.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related technical field
- 1+ years of software development engineering experience, with at least one year of experience developing embedded applications
- 1+ years of design and architecture experience, as well as familiarity with object-oriented design patterns
- Master’s degree
- Robust project planning/execution skills including estimating, scheduling and executing on committed schedules
- Excellent judgment, organizational, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment
- Experience working on high-volume consumer products
- Engineering process experience with the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) principles
Meet Some of Amazon Lab126's Employees
Senior Manager, Hardware Reliability Engineering
Guneet leads the Hardware Reliability Development Team that works on the Kindle, Fire, and Amazon Echo family of products. Guneet's team plays an essential role in making products like Fire tablets robust and reliable so customers can use them for years.
Back to top