Software Development Engineer
Amazon Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics. Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc., originally creating the best-selling Kindle family of products. Since then, we have produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV, and Amazon Echo. What will you help us create?
Work hard. Have fun. Make history.
We are looking for passionate, hard-working, and talented Software Development Engineers who have experience building innovative, mission critical, high-volume applications. You will have an enormous opportunity to make a large impact on the design, architecture, and implementation of cutting edge products used every day, by people you know. You will be working cross-functionally with Operations & Engineering groups to develop systems that support cutting edge products developed by Amazon. The candidate has to be driven and be able to handle multiple projects with ease.
In this role you will:
- Be responsible for system architecture and development for product initiatives and feature development
- Investigate, prototype and deliver innovative system solutions
- Work with diverse teams throughout Amazon to deliver mission-critical systems
- Deliver high-quality work
- Instill best practices for Agile software development and documentation
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field
- Equivalent experience to a Bachelor's degree based on 3 years’ experience for every 1 year of education
- Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design
- Computer Science fundamentals in data structures
- Computer Science fundamentals in algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
- Knowledge of, at least, one modern programming language such as C, C++, C#, Java, or Perl
- A good engineer will demonstrate that they can proactively and continually improve their level of knowledge about Amazon’s business and relevant technologies, and use this knowledge to deliver high quality, accurate software deliverables.
- Clear, professional communication skills able to contribute to team discussions, knowing when to contribute, when to listen, and when to ask questions.
- Experience developing in a Linux environment
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Meet Some of Amazon Lab126's Employees
Senior Manager, Hardware Reliability Engineering
Guneet leads the Hardware Reliability Development Team that works on the Kindle, Fire, and Amazon Echo family of products. Guneet's team plays an essential role in making products like Fire tablets robust and reliable so customers can use them for years.
Back to top