Software Development Engineer
Amazon Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics. Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc., originally creating the best-selling Kindle family of products. Since then, we have produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV and Amazon Echo. What will you help us create?
We are looking for a Software Development Engineer to join our team and drive the development of applications that power consumer electronic devices. Your job will be to work with a team of engineers (hardware and software) and other team members (PM, Product, Marketing) to design and develop new ways of providing exciting and compelling experiences. You'll measure your success by the quality of your execution, the pace of innovation you help drive, and the increased satisfaction you deliver. If you’re ready to make a difference at a company that matters, if you want huge challenges to tackle, we would love to talk to you.
In this role, you will:
- Be responsible for the architecture of software solutions, determining current limitations and compatibilities of HTML5, selection of new concepts and methodologies, and development of core systems/components
- Prepare technical requirements and software design specifications
- Instill best practices for software development and documentation, assure designs meet requirements, and deliver exceptional-quality work on tight schedules
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
- 5+ years of software development experience
- Design and architecture experience, as well as knowledge with object oriented design patterns
- Experience working on a large scale deployments and performance tuning.
- Engineering process experience with the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) principles
- Experience working with Android distributions and understand how the emulator works
- Computer Science fundamentals in data structures, algorithm design and problem solving
- Experience with a variety of frameworks and platforms such as Ruby on Rails, Spring Framework, BackboneJS, Cordova/PhoneGap and Android
- Excellent communication skills, ability to work well in a team, project management and technical leadership experience
- Strong customer focus, ownership, urgency and drive
- Design expertise and experience with UI and workflow prototyping tools
- Experience with TV apps that use a "10 foot UX"
Lab126 is part of the Amazon.com, Inc. group of companies and is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
Meet Some of Amazon Lab126's Employees
Senior Manager, Hardware Reliability Engineering
Guneet leads the Hardware Reliability Development Team that works on the Kindle, Fire, and Amazon Echo family of products. Guneet's team plays an essential role in making products like Fire tablets robust and reliable so customers can use them for years.
Back to top